Thank you for purchasing a SpiderWeb Shade. We greatly appreciate your business. The following instructions will assist you in installing the Shade on any 4-door JK Wrangler. If you discover an easier method please feel free to let us know, as we enjoy seeing the different configurations our customers have come up with. We welcome any comments and feedback to help us better our product.
Things to Know…
Your order will come with the SpiderWeb Shade and 11 SpiderBalls (3 small & 8 large) to secure it in place.
The SpiderBalls can be installed facing either upward or downward. For this installation all but two SpiderBalls should be facing downward.
Pictured is a Jeep ready for installation. Note the plastic pieces usually found above the door have been removed. This makes installation easier, but it is not necessary. You may leave them on if you are unsure of how to remove them or you do not wish to.
The SpiderBalls are intended to hold the shade taut and in place. Do not be afraid to pull on them to make them fit. They are sturdy and unlikely to break, however take caution in case they do.
Installing Your 4-Door JK SpiderWeb Shade
- Lay the SpiderWeb Shade out over your Jeep. Note that the SpiderWebShade logo should be located toward the back of the Jeep and should face outward.
- Begin at the front and in the center of your Jeep (figure 2a). Note that the Shade has two center grommet holes – the one on the left is for 2010 JK footmans loops, while the one on the right is for 2007-2009 JK footmans loops. Once you have secured this with one small SpiderBall, secure the remaining two footmans loops with the other small SpiderBalls (figure 2b).
- The next step is to secure the Shade’s front corners to the Jeep. Insert the large SpiderBalls (facing downwards) and wrap them around the top roll bar (figure 3). Ensure that the SpiderBall is secure and tight.
- Slide the SpiderBall strap as far forward as you can inside the front plastic piece (figure 4a). The Spider ball will sit inside the plastic (figure 4b). At one point on the roll bar, the metal will flange outwards. This is where the SpiderBall chord should sit. Then repeat steps three and four on the other side of the Jeep.
- Now move to the grommets in the rear corners of the vehicle. Insert a SpiderBall (facing down) and wrap it under the rear seatbelt bracket to secure the SpiderWebShade (figure 5a). Then repeat this on the opposite side. Note: this is probably the toughest to get in place but it will fit very tautly and securely (figure 5b).
- Once the front and four corners are in place you may secure the other grommets in any order until the top is taut and secure. It should look like the following picture (figure 6).
If you want to put your soft top up, just remove the front-right and front-left SpiderBalls (where the latches are found) and put the top on as normal.